Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dry Suit Diving

Last Sunday I tried diving with a dry suit for the first time. I have to say that before trying I thought that I was not going to like it, as I always enjoyed the part of being wet in the water. Also, it seemed like a big effort to put on a dry suit. After trying one on, and doing two dives, I have changed my mind and now I am thinking on buying one.

I find dry suit diving neither better, nor worse, just different. It adds a little more separation between the person and the water;not like being totally separated as in a submarine, but more so than a wetsuit where one feels totally immersed in the water. I guess it's hard to explain
and that's why I wasn't sure what to expect. But it is definitely something worth considering simply because it expands the diving horizon.

I initially got interested in dry suit cold water diving after seeing Werner Herzog's Encounters At the End of the World: a great documentary and with some astounding under water images. Definitely worth checking out even if not a diver.

No comments:

Post a Comment