Monday, February 8, 2010

iMonk

His name was Nicholas, and I met him at the Apple service center in New York City. At first I thought he was someone hired by Apple as a publicity stunt: the buddhist monk sitting in the cool chair with the iPhone at the Apple store. As I sat across him waiting for my turn, I was chatting on Skype with my friend Sburk thanks to the store's complimentary wifi. After describing the scene to her she agreed that he was probably a fake, mostly because of the fact he was wearing boots instead of the customary sandals. Eventually though, it turned out he was a real monk. He happened to have the queue number just before mine and upon being called, he went up to the counter and pulled out a Powerbook and a Mac mini apparently needing repair. That's when I decided to take this picture of Nicholas, the iMonk.

No comments:

Post a Comment